Select writing and publications
- K-12 Architecture and Design Education in Out-of-School-Time: The Landscape in Chicago in the 2017-2018 School Year. (May 2019) With Catherine Baker and Josh Kalov.
- No Small Plans. (June 2017). Available in Chicago Public Libraries.
- Changing the Outcomes: School Design Principles for the Next Generation of Chicago’s Learners. (July 2015)
- Designing Collective Impact for National Youth Serving Organizations Through STEM (May 2014)
- The State of the Chicago Mobile Learning Landscape, for VOQAL (2014)
- State of STEM in Out-of-School-Time In Chicago (2013)
- “Beyond the Pipeline: Youth Pathways for STEM Development”
- “Project Exploration’s Sisters4Science: Involving Urban Girls of Color in Science Out of School.”
- Clinton Global Initiative: Hot Stuff or Hot Air?
- It’s 3pm – Is Your Child Discovering the World?
- A Simple Justice: The Challenge of Small Schools
- “Unite and Overcome:” An Interview with Elizabeth Martinez
- “An Unconditional Embrace.” An Interview with Bill Ayers. Teaching Tolerance Magazine, 1998.
- Schooling Science Blog
Select videos & talks
- Reimagining Wacker’s Manual for Chicago Teens (Chicago Architecture Foundation)
- Wacker Manual: Reimagined (June 2015, Digital Media Learning Conference in Los Angeles)
- Changing the Face of Science By Designing for the Long Haul (December 2013, Big Ideas Fest. This talk explores the question, “How do you design for a program that never ends?”)
- Science Seer (January 2012 for Chicago Magazine)